About Naviation du Savoir
The general objective of this project is to promote and safeguard the historical-archaeological wealth and resources
of the Mediterranean dockyards. This will be carried out through the development of a multimedia portal, which will integrate the historical
content provided by seven Mediterranean countries (Cyprus, Italy, Spain, France, Malta, Tunisia and Algeria). The content is categorized into
three logical parts:
- Material wealth (dockyards, buildings, ships, ports, roads)
- Immaterial wealth (science, arts and crafts, traditions)
- Submarine wealth (submerged findings)
The expected results of the project are:
- To develop a network for the co-operation amongst schools, training centres, and laboratories at a European and South Mediterranean level concluding
with a period dedicated to the cultural exchange and itinerant learning.
- To enhance the quality of professional training courses within the Mediterranean area, fostering the skills and the exchange of the experiences and knowledge
of handicraft arts dealing with the maritime sector.